Small Business for Film was established in 2014 by concerned small business owners who see the positive impact that film generates for business in North Carolina. The organization is working to keep the film incentive alive – the only small business incentive in North Carolina. The group was established in response to concern that legislators do not realize the impact that the film industry has on small businesses throughout the state, and is working to raise awareness about this issue.
The mission is to organize small businesses throughout North Carolina that recognize the positive impact the film industry has on generating jobs and revenue in our state. Small Business for Film is working to preserve the only small business incentive in North Carolina–an incentive that attracts the film industry to North Carolina, giving small businesses the opportunity to thrive.
The goals of Small Business for Film are:
- To encourage small businesses throughout the state to join the organization.
- To demonstrate to legislators that this is a small business issue; not a film industry issue.
- To communicate that removing the incentive directly removes revenue and jobs from local small businesses.
Some of the small businesses the film industry directly impacts include:
- Printers and Sign Manufacturers
- Florists/Plants sales
- Restaurants and Caterers
- Window Coverings
- Event Rental Services (tents, etc.)
- Camera and Lighting Equipment
- Heavy Machinery
- Car/Van Rentals
- Security and Locksmiths
- Antique Dealers
- Marine Services
- Mobile Restrooms
- Aerial Services
The founding members of Small Business for Film include: